When purchasing a Tangle Teezer hairbrush you want to feel confident that you’re buying the genuine article. Counterfeit products can’t emulate our innovative hairbrushes, so we want to ensure that you aren’t disappointed by an imitation hairbrush masquerading as a Tangle Teezer.
We are the proud owners of a portfolio of global trademarks and our hairbrushes are widely protected by patents and design registrations. We vigorously protect our rights wherever they are infringed. We are constantly monitoring both online and offline for counterfeit and infringing products and have a strong team of both internal and external brand protection and legal advisors.
How to identify counterfeit Tangle Teezer products
We are doing all that we can to cut down on the issue and have integrated scanning and hologram technology on our packaging which helps to determine if your Tangle Teezer is genuine.
We have placed a security label on the majority of all our genuine Tangle Teezer hairbrushes .
This technology makes it easier to spot a fake, and helps us to detect where the product comes from and ends up!
The label contains various features which you can use to recognise an original Tangle Teezer product:
- QR code for verification: Simply scan the QR code on the Tangle Teezer box and it will reveal if you have the genuine article.
- Tangle Teezer hologram: a customised hologram which contains additional security features of its own. Please see the animated video here for further details.
- VOID effect: when the label gets removed, parts of the QR code and the hologram stay on the surface as a “leave behind”. Simply scan the QR code with your mobile phone to check and verify your product!
Things to look out for on counterfeit products
Please also bear in mind the following when purchasing products which claim to be the real deal:
• Counterfeit holograms are often displayed in an untidy way and appear damaged, blurred, or in the incorrect colour or size.
• Any item priced well below our RRP should be treated with suspicion
• There will be no spelling mistakes or grammatical errors on our genuine packaging
• Packaging of counterfeit products may look like they have been resealed, reused or of poor quality.
• We discourage anyone from buying from unauthorised sellers such as on internet auction sites and small websites. Counterfeiters commonly use the internet to sell counterfeits, so please be vigilant when shopping online.
What to do if you think you may have purchased a counterfeit product
If you are in doubt about the authenticity of a Tangle Teezer product you have purchased, please do not use it and instead contact us at [email protected].
Unfortunately, we cannot replace counterfeit Tangle Teezer products but we should be able to confirm whether a product is genuine or not, and provide written notification of the product’s authenticity.