So, here we'll take you through step by step on how to clean your Tangle Teezer products, with pictures along the way!
How to Clean the Original Tangle Teezer and the Ultimate Styler
1. Take your Tangle Teezer and lift any loose hair from the teeth. It may help to get the end of a pin-tail comb, put it between the teeth, and raise the hairs from the base.
2. Fill a small bowl with warm soapy water, that’s comfortable for you to put your hands in - about the same temperature as a warm bath.
3. Take a clean (but old!) toothbrush and dip it into the water.
4. Gently brush between the teeth until any product build-up is removed from the teeth and the base of the hairbrush.
5. Leave the brush to air dry naturally with the teeth facing upwards - definitely don’t use a hairdryer on these brushes.
Steps to Clean the Blow-Drying Tool
1. Loosen and remove hair using a comb’s tail-end by running it through the cleaning groove. You will find this in the middle of the teeth. You’ll see that the hair will easily lift away.
2. Fill a small bowl with warm soapy water at about the same temperature as a warm bath.
3. Once again, grab your trusty toothbrush!
4. Brush between the teeth until any product build-up is removed from the teeth and the tool’s base.
5. Dry teeth with your hairdryer on a low heat setting or if you aren’t in a rush, you can leave them to dry naturally.
How to Clean the Round Hair Brush
1. To loosen the hair from this brush, you may need scissors as they will be wrapped around the centre of the brush.
2. Run the edge of the scissors along the centre of the brush, being careful not to damage the brush. Snip along the hair, and this should make lifting it out easier.
3. Fill a small bowl with warm soapy water - just watch it’s not too hot!
4. Scrub all around the teeth and the centre of the barrel, removing any visible product build-up.
5. Rinse and leave to dry on a towel, or use your hair dryer to speed things up a bit.
How to Clean The Scalp Massager & Exfoliator
1. You know the drill. Get all the hair out of there! Make sure everything is removed so you can get to the base of the scalp massager.
2. Fill a small bowl with warm soapy water at about the same temperature as a warm bath. And take your (very busy) toothbrush and dip it into the water.
3. Brush the scalp massager’s base, removing any visible build-up.
4. Dry teeth with your hairdryer or leave them to air dry naturally with the teeth facing upwards.
How to clean The Back-Combing Tool and The Hair Pick Tool
1. With these tools, there shouldn’t be too much hair caught in them, but remove anything between the teeth of the tools before you start cleaning.
2. Grab your warm soapy water again.
3. With your old but clean trusty toothbrush, begin cleaning in between the teeth, doing one at a time to ensure you’ve got every single one.
4. Leave to dry on a towel, or if you’re in a rush, use a hair dryer to speed things up.
How to clean the Fine Mist Spray Bottle
1. Separate the parts of your bottle, don’t take it apart too much as you could break the mechanisms
2. Fill the bottom half with soapy water to about halfway up.
3. Give it a good shake, so the water splashes inside. Rinse until there are no more bubbles inside the bottom half
4. Clean the top half using an old but clean toothbrush, getting into all the tiny crevasses with soapy water.
5. Leave it out to dry on a towel.
Can you open a Tangle Teezer?
We would recommend that you don’t try to open a Tangle Teezer or a Tangle Teezer compact as it could break your brush so you can no longer use it. If there is water in your Tangle Teezer or you want to get water out of your Tangle Teezer compact, then we would recommend you contact us or you could go to the Tangle Teezer Recycle Scheme and get a 15% discount off of a new hairbrush.
That was our full rundown on how to look after your Tangle Teezer products properly, so they can keep delivering the salon-quality hair care you love. Follow these tips and your favourite Tangle Teezer should last for years! And what about when it’s eventually time to get a new hairbrush? The Tangle Teezer Recycle Scheme we just mentioned is the way to go. You can find more info on how to benefit from the scheme and how you can get 15% off your next hairbrush right here.
WATCH OUR HOW TO VIDEO BELOW: