With a speciality in styling, freelance hairdresser Michael Gray knows how to give strands that certain somethin’, somethin’. And with his simple steps below, you can take his hair looks straight off an Instagram shoot to a (socially distant) walk in the park with your someone special. Don’t forget to finish off each date night hairstyle with a cute red accessory. After all, there’s only one Valentine’s Day – so go big (hair) or go home, fam.
When you’re in your own love bubble and nobody can pop it. All you need is this on-trend up-do that is supremely cute for longer lengths, you won’t even mind staying in.
● Separate your hair through the centre with The Back-Combing Hairbrush and detangle your hair with The Wet Detangler.
● Secure both sides with an elastic, and secure again with an elastic a couple of inches down.
● Create a loop type shape with the first bubble and push the hair through, tease out using our Back-Combing Hairbrush to make it look like a fishtail braid.
● Continuing repeating this method to get the desired look. The Back-Combing Hairbrush is the ideal styling tool to serve some serious body and texture.
If you’ve said, “Love it, couldn’t wear it” a lot these past months, we feel you. But here’s one date night look that’s so simple, it will level up your Netflix and chill in as easy as 1, 2, 3.
● Start by using The Ultimate Finisher on dry locks to ensure your hair is tangle-free before styling.
● Follow by back-combing the roots using The Back-Combing Hairbrush for lift, then secure your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck while teasing some hair out to add softness over the ears.
● Finish the look by twisting the remaining hair in a bun-like shape and secure with hair grips. Don’t forget that little red hairband!
Sigh, love is really in the (h)air with this date night style. Plus, it’s one easy look that can be handled in between the mad rush of snoozed alarms and “Be online in five” texts.
● Start by detangling your hair with The Wet Detangler and secure with an elastic.
● Tease hair to cover the ears for a softer result using The Back-Combing Hairbrush.
● Wrap some hair around to cover the elastic for a polished result.
● Add some height into the ponytail, sectioning and back combing the ponytail using The Back-Combing Hairbrush for a fuller look.
TWO DUTCH SIDE BRAIDS
This hairstyle is one beauty that’s sweeter than a box of chocolates. Perfect for longer lengths with a bit of wave, it’ll tell your Valentine that you only have heart eyes for them.
● Pre-curl your hair to add some movement and brush out using The Ultimate Finisher to give it a romantic, boho vibe.
● With The Back-Combing Hairbrush, section your hair with a heavy side-parting, leaving some hair around the face for softness.
● Create two Dutch braids going past the ear, then tease them out for volume and a softer look.
● Finish with a couple of hair grips to secure the braids into place, and add a chunky hair clip to accessorise the look.
For even more date night hairstyles and inspiration, follow Michael Gray on Instagram at @michaelgrayhair